1. Tooth surface wear: For open gear transmissions or closed gear transmissions containing dirty lubricating oil, due to the relative sliding between the meshing tooth surfaces, some harder abrasive particles enter the friction surface, thereby changing the tooth profile , The backlash increases, so that excessive thinning of the gear causes tooth breakage. Under normal circumstances, only when the lubricating oil is mixed with abrasive particles, the tooth surface abrasive particles will be worn during operation.
2. Tooth surface gluing: For high-speed and heavy-duty gear transmissions, due to the large friction between the tooth surfaces and high relative speed, the temperature in the meshing area is too high. Once the lubrication conditions are poor, the oil film between the tooth surfaces will disappear. The metal surfaces of the two gear teeth are in direct contact, so that mutual bonding occurs.
3. Fatigue pitting: When the two meshing teeth contact each other, the force and reaction force between the tooth surfaces cause contact stress on the two working surfaces. Because the position of the meshing point changes, and the gear is made periodic movement, so the contact stress changes according to the pulsation cycle.
4. Tooth-shaped sprocket teeth are broken: In a gear that bears a load in operation engineering, like a cantilever beam, when the periodic stress of the pulse at its root exceeds the fatigue limit of the gear material, cracks will occur at the root and gradually expand. Tooth breakage will occur when some parts cannot bear the transmission load.
5. Tooth surface plastic deformation: Under impact load or heavy load, the tooth surface is prone to local plastic deformation, which will deform the curved surface of the involute tooth profile.
Tooth sprocket failure, these are the reasons that can not be ignored, so it is necessary to carefully check in use, operate in strict accordance with the specifications, and carefully maintain after use, in order to effectively avoid the actual effect of the gear and improve the production efficiency.